School of Medicine and Public Health
The mission of the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health (SMPH) is to meet the health needs of Wisconsin and beyond through excellence in education, research, patient care and service. The school is working to bring together unprecedented resources that will help create transforming research initiatives and an entirely new model of medical education—one that balances traditional learning with a focus on population health; that strives to seamlessly translate research successes to compassionate care.
Donate to the School of Medicine and Public Health Annual Fund
When you donate to the Annual Fund, you are supporting the school's highest priority.
Gifts to this fund may qualify you for the 1848 Society and entitle you to special benefits.Make a Gift »
With a superb faculty, talented students, enthused leadership and exciting new facilities such as the Health Sciences Learning Center (HSLC) and the Wisconsin Institutes for Medical Research (WIMR), the school is ready to create a visionary approach to both health and health care into the next century.
WIMR is the home to world-renowned researchers from many disciplines. This collaborative environment provides astounding opportunities for these researchers to determine solutions to society’s most complex health problems.
Private gifts make a tremendous difference in helping the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health accomplish its mission: to meet the health needs of Wisconsin and beyond through excellence in education, research, patient care and service.
- Dean’s Fund for Excellence
- Wisconsin Institutes for Medical Research Building Fund
- School of Medicine and Public Health Scholarship Fund
Academic Departments and Programs
- Anesthesiology, Department of
- Biomolecular Chemistry, Department of
- Biostatistics and Medical Informatics, Department of
- Cell and Regenerative Biology, Department of
- Dermatology, Department of
- Family Medicine and Community Health Development Fund, Department of
- Human Oncology, Department of
- McArdle Laboratory for Cancer Research Department Fund
Centers and Institutes
- Carbone Cancer Center, UW
- Cardiovascular Research Center
- Clinical and Translational Research, Institute for
- Eye Research Institute
- Global Health Institute
- HealthEmotions Research Institute
- Keck Laboratory for Biological Imaging
- Molecular and Environmental Toxicology Center
Special Programs and Funds
- Belleville Family Medicine Fund
- Bhudatt Paliwal Professorship in Human Oncology Fund
- Freedom of Movement Fund
- John Carey Head and Neck Cancer Scholarship Fund
- Karl Harter Head and Neck Cancer Scholarship Fund
- MEDIC Fund
- Wingra Family Medical Center
- Wisconsin Medical Alumni Association Stethoscope Program Fund