College of Engineering
The College of Engineering begins the century in a position of strength. Our students are typically in the top 10 percent of their high school graduating class and among the most talented at UW-Madison.
Donate to the College of Engineering Annual Fund
When you donate to the Annual Fund, you are supporting the college's highest priority.
Gifts to this fund may qualify you for the 1848 Society and entitle you to special benefits.Make a Gift »
As you know, we operate in a competitive environment. Other engineering colleges have aggressive fundraising and investment efforts to improve the quality of education they provide and their reputation and ranking.
To maintain a leadership position, the college has developed a new strategic plan with five strategic objectives:
- Educational Excellence
- Research Leadership
- Technology Development & Entrepreneurship Leadership
- Supplemental instruction & beyond-the-classroom opportunities
- Effective infrastructure to accomplish objectives
This ambitious plan will require tremendous effort by the faculty and staff in the college. It will also require the commitment of strong public/private partnerships.
Academic Departments and Programs
- Biomedical Engineering, Department of
- Chemical and Biological Engineering, Department of
- Civil and Environmental Engineering, Department of
- Electrical and Computer Engineering, Department of
- Engineering Mechanics and Astronautics, Department of
- Engineering Physics, Department of
- Engineering Professional Development, Department of
- Environmental Chemistry and Technology Program
Centers and Institutes
- Health Systems Research & Analysis, Center for
- Human Performance and Risk Analysis, Center for
- Power Systems Engineering Research Center
- Quality and Productivity Improvement, Center for
- Rheology Research Center
- Trace Reseach and Development Center
- Wisconsin Center for Space Automation and Robotics (WCSAR)
- Wisconsin Energy Institute