Impact: By the Numbers
Percentage of the budget covered by the state (down from 24% in 2002).
Average annual room and board cost for an undergraduate student.
Annual amount transferred from UW Foundation to the university to support education, research and outreach.
Cost to fund a student's entry in a case competition.
Cost of an international learning trip for a graduate student.
Total number of degrees awarded (2011-12).
Every Gift Counts
When we work together the cumulative strength of our gifts reaches across campus and around the world.
- $50 Can help provide a required text book for a student in need
- $250 Can help support a student with need-based aid with a tuition scholarship
- $500 Helps keep star faculty at UW-Madison
- $5,000 Can help provide a research grant to retain a key faculty member
- Prospect Research Associate [Job Posting]
- Development Program Specialist – College of Engineering [Job Posting]
- Do You Expect a Spike in Income? A Charitable Gift Can Mitigate Tax Consequences
- Data Warehouse – Business Intelligence Technical Manager [Job Posting]
- 70 ½ or Older? IRA Charitable Rollover Is Back Through Dec. 31, 2014 See more »