College of Agricultural and Life Sciences
Collaboration and innovation flourish in the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences (CALS) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Through outreach, research and education, the College meets the challenges of a changing landscape marked by
Donate to the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences Annual Fund
When you donate to the Annual Fund, you are supporting the college's highest priority.
Gifts to this fund may qualify you for the 1848 Society and entitle you to special benefits.Make a Gift »
- an exploding knowledge of fundamental biology,
- increasing challenges and opportunities in agriculture, and
- mounting concerns about how to protect farms, preserve natural resources, promote good health and secure a more sustainable energy future.
At its core, the College fosters communities of expertise – among researchers, faculty and students in cooperation with business, industry and government. It has a rich history of finding practical answers to everyday challenges, from breeding hybrid crops to revitalize the state’s agricultural markets to identifying vitamins essential to human health.
CALS remains committed to discovering the means to improve the lives of Wisconsin’s citizens: Building environmentally friendly homes economically and identifying the effects of urban sprawl, supporting Wisconsin’s flourishing cheese industry and producing energy from wood chips and plant stalks.
Private support helps CALS build on its 120-year tradition to ensure a future of excellence, innovation, accountability and practicality. Working with the CALS development team, the College has identified four funding priorities as it tackles 21st century problems.
- Annual Fund
- Center for Dairy Research/Dairy Plant
- Meat and Muscle Biology Lab/Building
- Wisconsin Rural Youth Scholarships – Need-based Aid
- Great People Scholarship – Need-based Aid
Academic Departments and Programs
- Agricultural and Applied Economics, Department of
- Agricultural Research Stations
- Agroecology Program
- Agronomy, Department of
- Animal Sciences, Department of
- Bacteriology, Department of
- Beginning Dairy and Livestock Farmers, Wisconsin School for
- Biochemistry, Department of