Want to work in an exciting space on campus? Apply to be a part of the Alumni Relations & Engagement team at the Wisconsin Alumni Association! Visitor Engagement and Operations Associates will help visitors discover Alumni Park/One Alumni Place and give walking tours, staff special events on-site and off-site, and support alumni engagement programs, WAA daily operations and special projects. This position works in close partnership with Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association staff, the Wisconsin Union, and Campus and Visitor Relations staff.
- Lead point for day-to-day visitor services at the Wisconsin Alumni Association (WAA) Alumni Center, the WAA visitor and event center (One Alumni Place), and Alumni Park.
- Field questions about the Wisconsin Alumni Association and its programs, Alumni Park, and campus. Handle elevated questions/concerns from visitors.
- Support and lead tours of Alumni Park and its exhibits.
- Provide excellent customer service for activities and events, tactfully and courteously work with patrons, explain and enforce policies and procedures, and monitor use of facilities.
Program and Operations Support
- Support alumni engagement programs, including staffing registration/check-in for events, project work, database entry, material preparation/assembly, and responding to guest phone calls/emails.
- Support WAA daily operational and administrative needs, including cleaning meeting rooms, restocking supplies, covering the front reception desk, and other support tasks.
- Responsible for opening, closing, and operating the visitor center during open hours and for events.
- Accountable for transferring of communications and operational needs between staff shifts.
- Responsible for resolving facility/operations issues in collaboration with full-time staff.
- Participate in meetings and trainings
- Event set-up and support for on-site and off-site WAA events: e.g. talks, panels, receptions, meetings and drop-in activities.
- Basic audio-visual set up and support for events in One Alumni Place.
- Excellent customer service skills. Prior face-to-face customer service required.
- Supervisory or leadership experience a plus.
- Ability to use good judgment in decision-making.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to lead and direct support staff.
- Strong organizations skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Knowledge of UW-Madison campus and culture, our diverse campus community, and/or the Wisconsin Alumni Association is strongly preferred.
Shifts vary from 4 to 8 hours, 10-15 hours per week, between 9:00 am-10:00 pm. Must be willing to work weekends, UW Badger Football Saturdays, the 2nd-4th weeks of July, occasional late nights, and holidays. Additional hours than those listed may be available during the summer.
This is a part-time, nonexempt position that reports to the Alumni & Visitor Services Manager, Alumni Park and One Alumni Place. The starting hourly rate is $11.00.
If you have questions please contact Denise Jelinek at email@example.com.