The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)* is looking for a creative video production and editing specialist to join their team.
Smart, inspired, and strategic, this visual storyteller will be working on multiple brands across a wide-range of programs all with a singular mission — advancing UW–Madison as one of the world’s greatest universities. This qualified individual will create videos for university-related marketing campaigns and social accounts, while collaborating with teams across WFAA to concept, develop, and execute moments that matter, including leading pre-production, production and post-production for video and photo shoots.
- Inspired aesthetic and robust samples of smart conceptually-led work
- Ability to concept and collaborate
- Commanding presentation skills to show your work and sell it
- Hunger for what’s next and new
- Great attitude | How we get the work done is as importantas the work we do; positivity and can-do attitude required
Primary responsibilities include:
Video Production (75%)
- Manage video projects from start through completion including: story development, research, location scouting, staging, recording and post-production editing.
- Oversee original story/program concepts for video content; determine angle of story to ensure originality and creativity of final product.
- Work with Marketing and other colleagues to develop timely and relevant content.
- Conduct research, including personal interviews, to obtain information necessary to plan story lines.
- Capture material for production using video equipment; determine technical and creative decisions regarding such elements as lighting,
- shooting angles, type and placement of microphones, audio needs, locations and use of movement.
- Exercise independent judgment in the editing and production of material.
- Ensure message cohesiveness and correct tone by assessing and adjusting visual context, narrative and background audio tracks.
- Serve as a liaison between WFAA and third party video production companies.
- Obtain appropriate clearances for location shoots and related resources.
Digital Photography (15%)
- Manage photo-shoots and work with contract photographers to articulate the style and direction necessary for photos intended for use in print and/or digital projects.
- Shoot photos for print and digital projects when no contract photographer is assigned.
- Manage online digital assets management system including importation, tagging, categorization and rating of new and existing photographic assets. Provide staff training as necessary.
Media Support (5%)
- Possess a thorough knowledge of department video and photographic equipment and train staff members on use when necessary.
- Oversee use, storage and inventory of department video and photographic equipment.
- Advise vendors and venues on audio/visual production logistics for events.
Support a service-oriented atmosphere in accordance with WFAA
mission, values and philosophy
- Strategic beliefs
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison has a transforming impact on students, alumni, and society;
- Authentic, lifelong relationships and engagement with alumni, donors and friends are fundamental to sustaining the reputation and continued success of the University;
- Philanthropy has an essential and growing importance on the future progress of UW-Madison;
- The highest level of stewardship and fiduciary responsibility in financial, investment, data and gift administration is vital to maintaining trust with our stakeholders;
- Diverse views, experiences and perspectives strengthen WFAA and the university community.
- Organizational values
- We are serious about delivering results;
- We work together and with our campus partners as a team;
- We are committed to alumni, donors, volunteers and others;
- We are open-minded;
- We create a positive work environment.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent with formal training in video production, photography, audio/visual and office technology required.
- Minimum of two (2) years professional experience required including minimum of two (2) years of experience in video production and digital photography.
- High language skills, intermediate mathematical skills, high reasoning ability.
- Experience in Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects and other production/multimedia programs; Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of video production and photography.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Ability to organize, multitask and meet very distinct deadlines while expressing a high degree of creativity.
- Excellent oral and written skills and high degree of administrative skill.
- Ability to consistently exercise discretion and judgment in creative endeavors.
- Ability to interact with people of diverse backgrounds; possess strong coaching skills and a high attention to detail.
- Ability to accommodate various interpersonal and communication styles.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to work early mornings, evenings and weekends. May also require occasional travel in and out of state for video and photography shoot management and staffing.
This is a full time, exempt position, reporting to the Managing Director, Creative. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit program.
Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions at email@example.com.