The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is recruiting for a SQL Developer / Database Administrator.
- Responsible for using Structured Query Language to query the database. Extract data from the transactional database and store it in a staging area using Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Write queries and apply various transformations before the data is loaded into the Data Warehouse. Create reports using SQL Server Reporting Services and Tableau, based business users requirements.
- Test data for accuracy. Document the Extract, Transform and Load process and as well as reports and dashboards.
- Optimize SQL queries and SSIS packages to improve performance.
- Design and maintain database schemas in Star schemas and third Normal Form.
- Configure, monitor and maintain database and reporting servers including Microsoft SQL Server and Tableau.
- Master’s degree in Information Systems Management or related field of study plus 3 years related experience as a Programmer Analyst or related IT position.
- Three years’ experience is required and must include: SQL and the Microsoft SQL server platform; designing, writing and maintaining code in support of extract, transformation and load (ETL) processes using Microsoft SQL server integration services (SSIS); designing, implementing and maintaining reports using SQL server reporting services (SSRS) as well as tableau visualizations and dashboards; designing and maintaining databases and data marts following the Kimball approach and star schemas including familiarity with third normal form data modeling principles and techniques; SQL server database and SQL server reporting services server configuration and monitoring; and utilizing agile methodology in software development projects.
Note: When applying, please submit cover letter and resume in a single attachment.
Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.