The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is recruiting for a Senior Project Manager to join our IT team
The Senior Agile Project Manager manages multiple projects, defines improvements to business processes, assists decision-makers in gathering information to make decisions, helps test solutions and products, designs user interfaces and may serve as product owner, business analyst, technical coordinator or scrum master
You will collaborate with various business and technical teams, while operating at a very high level of independence. Be the expert in the process you are responsible for, and in the ever growing, very complex systems environments WFAA relies on.
A successful Senior Agile Project Manager will be adaptable, business oriented, goal oriented, and Innovative. They will demonstrate leadership, anticipate broad organization needs, and be recognized as experts in the area of the business they represent and in the methods and tools they use.
- Manage various efforts related to systems or process implementations or improvements.
- Frequently seek input from stakeholders and team members.
- Develop and circulate appropriate plans, schedules and project updates.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure project tasks are integrated into their work streams.
- Work to ensure timelines, budgets and project goals are met.
- Work with project team members to remove roadblocks, supplement team resources if required and provide feedback to team members when necessary.
- Facilitate business owners in finding and providing new solutions to true business problems.
- Lead continuous improvement within the organization.
- Work with business and technical teams to define and document requirements/stories for new solutions, or improvements to existing solutions and processes within the organization.
- Seek, recommend and lead implementation of improvements in methods, workflows and tools.
- Ensure these activities are scoped to fit within appropriate processes.
Agile Process Facilitation (Scrum Master)
- Become familiar with appropriate WFAA agile methods and tools and lead changes to these as needed.
- Lead, guide and coach assigned work teams through appropriate Agile/Scrum sessions, using defined WFAA agile procedures.
- 5 + years of experience working as a business analyst, scrum master, project manager/lead or the equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills appropriate for a variety of audiences.
- Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated success understanding business goals objectives, and implementing solutions that effectively meet them.
- Demonstrated success facilitating group interaction, requirements gathering, planning, work estimation and distribution, time scheduling and conflict resolution.
Other Desirable Experience and Skills:
- Experience with Blackbaud CRM Software
- Experience with Atlassian tools like JIRA and Confluence
- Familiarity with database design and SQL
- Familiarity with agile and traditional systems development life cycles
- Familiarity with standard project management methodologies
- Experience developing, implementing or managing test plans
- Experience with CRM, ERP and/or Financial Reporting systems
- Experience developing and influencing relationships with project team members and stakeholders
- Familiarity in a fundraising or not for profit environment.