The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA) has a part-time receptionist position available for a “people person” with good clerical skills. This position will manage front desk operations; answer multi-line phone system, greet visitors, manage company resources, and handle inquiries. It also provides administrative and constituent relations support to the various teams within the organization.
Front Desk Responsibilities
- Act as the main point of contact for all people who enter the Alumni Center during open hours.
- Answer multi-line phone system – screen incoming calls as appropriate, provide requested information, take messages and redirect inquiries to the appropriate staff members.
- Enthusiastically greet and assist visitors; contact appropriate personnel upon arrival or direct guest to appropriate area. Provide requested information.
- Responsible for upkeep, cleanliness, and coordination of reception areas and boardroom; maintain current local literature, campus and city maps, local restaurant lists, internet sites, taxi lists, etc. for visitors. Ensure a professional and tidy desk presentation at all times.
- Open and close the office – open the main doors, turn on lights, stock the beverage station, retrieve voice mails.
- Oversee safety protocol of lobby areas. Maintain security of the building by ensuring doors are locked during non-business hours and the lobby entrance is monitored during business hours.
- Process alumni profile information updates in the official alumni database (ABE).
- Assist customers with com email account services.
- Manage reserved parking lot spaces.
- Receive general deliveries and contact proper personnel of their arrival.
- Process FedEx and UPS outgoing shipments.
- Fulfill Petty Cash requests.
Administrative and Constituent Relations
- Provide clerical assistance with engagement program.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external constituents.
- Independently manage a wide variety of inquiries from internal and external constituents.
- Demonstrate a cooperative and courteous manner in person and by phone.
- Positively represent WFAA and the university to internal and external constituencies.
- Draft routine correspondence on a per request basis.
- Assist in general operational tasks as needed.
- Assist in supporting Alumni Relations & Engagement events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Support a service-oriented atmosphere in accordance with WFAA mission, values and philosophy
- Strategic beliefs
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison has a transforming impact on students, alumni, and society;
- Authentic, lifelong relationships and engagement with alumni, donors and friends are fundamental to sustaining the reputation and continued success of the University;
- Philanthropy has an essential and growing importance on the future progress of UW-Madison;
- The highest level of stewardship and fiduciary responsibility in financial, investment, data and gift administration is vital to maintaining trust with our stakeholders;
- Diverse views, experiences and perspectives strengthen WFAA and the university community.
- Organizational values
- We are serious about delivering results;
- We work together and with our campus partners as a team;
- We are committed to alumni, donors, volunteers and others;
- We are open-minded;
- We create a positive work environment.
- High school graduate required.
- Morning hours required.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in a receptionist / customer service setting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail clients and database system; ability to learn new applications as required.
- Good organizational, office and communication skills.
- Ability to interact well with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Team-oriented and resourceful.
- Ability to work with a large degree of independence.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Ability to handle pressure in a fast paced and ever changing environment.
- Ability to make independent decisions and answer tough customer service questions.
This is a part-time position, working 20-25 hours per week during the mornings with the flexibility to work a different schedule when the need arises. Required start time for this position is 7:45AM daily. This position reports to the Managing Director, Alumni Services and Operations. We offer an excellent work environment as well as competitive pay and paid leave benefits.
To apply please submit cover letter and resume in a single attachment.
Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions at email@example.com. Application deadline is November 30.