The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is recruiting for a Prospect Research Manager. The Prospect Research Manager directs a team of Prospect Research professionals and assists the Managing Director in driving quality and innovation in prospect (potential donor) development.
Primary responsibilities will include:
Prospect Research Operations
- Provide leadership for Prospect Research services.
- Prioritize, assign and monitor progress of Prospect Research requests and projects.
- Represent Prospect Research and RPM in Advancement and Development functions.
- Serve as Prospect Research functional lead for CRM, keeping current on new features and participating in future system development.
Human Resources Management
- Recruit, interview and select highly talented and qualified staff for open positions.
- Orient, train, mentor, coach and develop staff members, encouraging an appropriate level of independence and supporting professional growth.
- Identify the current and long-term development/training needs of individuals and groups, and provide or facilitate access to appropriate development experiences.
- Establish and monitor performance measures and take steps needed to ensure staff meet or exceed the established goals.
Research & Prospect Management Operational Support
- Work with Managing Director to identify and implement improvements to policy, procedure, training, best practices and reporting.
- Provide input to annual budget for prospect research subscription tools and oversee their usage.
- Manage special projects and program initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Managing Director.
Support a service-oriented atmosphere in accordance with WFAA mission, values and philosophy
- The transforming impact of the UW Madison;
- The treatment of all with high ethical and behavioral standards including honesty, integrity, respect, courtesy, and dignity;
- The spirit, involvement, participation, engagement, and impact of alumni and friends with the UW-Madison and with each other;
- The joy of giving and the power of philanthropy;
- The interdependent nature of all aspects of the Parties’ collective relationships in fulfilling their missions; and
- The highest level of stewardship of the investment of donors’ philanthropy in support of the UW-Madison and the relationships and trust accrued through alumni development and engagement activities.
- 3 + years of experience in prospect development, or equivalent experience in research or information related field within an academic, nonprofit, or corporate environment.
- 1 + year of leadership / supervisory experience with direct reports
- Advanced MS Office skills required. Demonstrated experience in research using internet and subscription resources; familiarity with using a variety of online databases and internet search tools; experience with relational databases preferred.
This is a full time, exempt position, reporting to the Managing Director, Research and Prospect Management. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit program.
Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.