The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is recruiting for a Program Coordinator – Engagement professional to join our Alumni Relations and Engagement Team!
The Program Coordinator supports, facilitates and occasionally leads planning and implementation of events and activities which engage UW alumni and friends with the university and each other. Responsibilities include collaborating with internal teams and external (campus and community) partners on program content development; event preparation, execution, and follow up; customer service; and volunteer relations. This position will work closely with diversity and inclusion programs; identity-based affinity groups; student and recent graduate programs; will support other enrichment and corporate events as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Build and maintain positive relationships with campus and community colleagues and work collaboratively to advance university objectives.
- Communicate with appropriate stakeholders regarding plans and preparation for events.
- Coordinate and support alumni identity-based affinity groups with meetings, training, marketing materials, and event support.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external client.
- Respond promptly and courteously to inquiries from internal and external constituents, taking the initiative to seek information and resolution.
- Seek feedback and participation from alumni and donors in the design and development of engagement activities.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external clients.
- Participate with program leaders and project teams in the research, design, development and implementation of organization-sponsored activities.
- Apply engagement metrics to maximize return of programs and events.
- Attend and participate in internal work team meetings and document proceedings.
- Create program briefs and other documentation regarding strategy and objectives.
- Assist with preparation of event material, collateral and details.
- Work collaboratively with teams to review marketing and communications collateral.
- Facilitate program evaluations.
- Provide input on matching content and experience to audience and objectives.
- Assist with scheduling and overseeing staff, alumni and student volunteers for event support.
- Provide on-site support during program and event implementation, including weekends and after business hours.
- Assist with scheduling and overseeing staff, interns, alumni, and student volunteers.
- Communicate regularly and professionally with program and event stakeholders.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and effectively utilize organizational administrative policies, processes and technology tools.
- 2 + years experience in professional setting related to non-profit, higher education, event planning and/or fundraising environments.
- Computer Skills: High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) essential. Familiarity with constituent and/or registration databases preferred.
- Experience with engaging diverse constituent population through programs, events, and volunteer activities.
- Effective oral and written skills and strong planning, organization and administrative skills.
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks and maintain a high degree of discretion, tact, poise, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Take initiative, demonstrate engagement in projects and meet deadlines.
- Understanding of critical issues, challenges and opportunities relative to diversity and higher education.
- Work independently as well as collaborate positively within a team environment.
If you have questions please contact Denise Jelinek at email@example.com.