The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA), the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for the UW-Madison, is recruiting for a dynamic Marketing Manager. The Marketing Manager provides marketing leadership by developing marketing plans and programs that achieve specific business goals, drive engagement/advancement, and promote the WAA, UWF and UW Brands. Manages marketing functions for specific organizational program areas, utilizing alumni and market data to define strategies, identify appropriate audiences, and create awareness of new opportunities to enhance the alumni experience based on quantitative and qualitative findings.
Leads the planning and development of marketing plans
- Develops campaign or project briefs for use by the cross-functional marketing team to develop creative concepts and detailed tactical plans for each campaign and communications vehicle.
- Oversees, develops and implements marketing strategies.
- Delivers appropriate business rationale and analysis to support specific program/event/communication opportunities.
- Integrates strategies across multi-channeled approach and explores opportunities and ideas for cross-channel development.
- Reviews and advises on creative marketing materials.
Identifies relevant consumer insights to inform business decisions
- Analyzes qualitative and quantitative customer data from multiple sources.
- Mines and researches secondary sources including, but not limited to, social media channels, consumer feedback channels, and industry/trend reports.
- Analyzes data and identifies trends related to consumer experience and variations across time periods, geographies, and customer segments.
- Assists in coordinating the flow of data/information between internal teams and external partners.
Establishes, monitors and reports on key performance indicators
- Drives business decisions based on the review of campaign performance and reporting analytics.
- Ensures performance indicators are established at project/campaign outset.
- Reports out to the business on current project/campaign success or effectiveness.
Human Resource Management
- Work with leadership to determine staffing needs, design jobs, write/update job descriptions and allocate team members and assign/delegate duties accordingly.
- Recruit, interview and select highly talented and qualified team members for open positions.
- Orient, train, mentor, coach, and develop team members, encouraging an appropriate level of independence supporting professional growth.
- Manage, establish, delegate, communicate, monitor and reinforce team assignments, accountabilities, performance expectations and goals.
Support a service-oriented atmosphere in accordance with WFAA mission, values and philosophy
- Strategic beliefs
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison has a transforming impact on students, alumni, and society;
- Authentic, lifelong relationships and engagement with alumni, donors and friends are fundamental to sustaining the reputation and continued success of the University;
- Philanthropy has an essential and growing importance on the future progress of UW-Madison;
- The highest level of stewardship and fiduciary responsibility in financial, investment, data and gift administration is vital to maintaining trust with our stakeholders;
- Diverse views, experiences and perspectives strengthen WFAA and the university community.
- Organizational values
- We are serious about delivering results;
- We work together and with our campus partners as a team;
- We are committed to alumni, donors, volunteers and others;
- We are open-minded;
- We create a positive work environment.
- 5 + years of increasingly responsible experience in marketing
- Strong knowledge of marketing best practices, brand value, and marketing strategies and tactics, including writing and developing marketing plans
- Supervisory or leadership experience
- Project management and data analysis/interpretation skills
- Knowledge and passion for UW-Madison and higher education
This is a full time, exempt position reporting to the Senior Managing Director, Marketing. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit program.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume in a single attachment.
Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.