The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA), the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is recruiting for an Investment Compliance and Reporting Analyst to join our finance team. This is a new position designed to assist the Investment Compliance and Reporting Manager in fulfilling a variety of investment related compliance and performance reporting responsibilities. By design this position operates in close contact with, but autonomous from, the WFAA investment staff.
Monitoring investment compliance controls, processes, and procedures
- Ensure compliance with investment policies and procedures adopted by WFAA.
- Monitor external investment consultants and analytic service providers to ensure adherence to contractual obligations and related compliance and control policies, practices and procedures.
- Assist in the review, maintenance and safeguarding of essential documents related to board actions and investment related contractual agreements. Maintain sufficient documentation necessary to support compliance with policies and procedures.
- Assist in the ongoing assessment and development of compliance and control safeguards; propose and suggest changes and improvements.
- Review and analyze investment process documentation pertaining to risks and controls.
- Understand and comply with all applicable records and information management policies and procedures.
Assist in the validation of investment activity and valuations
- Review custodian records to determine transactional activity is accurately reported on a timely and complete basis; including but not limited to:
- Review custodian reports to ensure that transactional activity is timely, complete and appropriately in agreement with information directly provided by investment managers.
- Assist in the monitoring and validation of investment cash flows between investment managers and custodian, to ensure proper authorization and delivery.
- Assist in the review of investment valuation reconciliations across all asset types; ensuring values are complete and accurately stated.
Investment analytics and performance reporting
- Assist the Investment Compliance and Reporting Manager to fulfill ongoing reporting requirements, including:
- Analyzing, validating and generating portfolio analytics.
- Analyze accuracy and integrity of required investment compliance reporting relating to portfolio liquidity, transactional activity, asset class and portfolio exposures.
- Demonstrating adherence to WFAA Investment Policy.
- Develop and maintain understanding of performance methodologies used by the Foundation, its custodian, and investment managers.
- Assist in the review and validation of performance analysis for accuracy and integrity
Continue professional growth in the investment and finance industry
- Maintain expert level professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Develop and maintain intimate knowledge of valuation and reporting standards, practices and conventions for all asset classes utilized.
Support a service-oriented atmosphere in accordance with WFAA mission, values and philosophy
- Strategic beliefs
- The UW-Madison has a transforming impact on students, alumni, and society;
- Authentic, lifelong relationships and engagement with alumni, donors and friends are fundamental to sustaining the reputation and continued success of the University;
- Philanthropy has an essential and growing importance on the future progress of UW-Madison;
- The highest level of stewardship and fiduciary responsibility in financial, investment, data and gift administration is vital to maintaining trust with our stakeholders;
- Diverse views, experiences and perspectives strengthen WFAA and the university community.
- Organizational values
- We are serious about delivering results;
- We work together and with our campus partners as a team;
- We are committed to alumni, donors, volunteers and others;
- We are open-minded;
- We create a positive work environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field (or equivalent work experience) required.
- A minimum of 2 years of operational experience in a Finance/Accounting with strong preference toward an Investment concentrated environment.
- Candidate must exhibit strong analytical skills and ability to interpret financial statements.
- Awareness of common investment asset types, formats, structures and arrangements necessary.
- Microsoft Office skills required with proficient Excel skills.
- Experience with FactSet, WorkBench, Bloomberg, IntraLinks, Sunguard and/or Red Alerts a plus.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently with minimal guidance, prioritize workload, multi-task and meet established deadlines.
- Eagerness to learn with strong attention to detail is essential.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This is a full time, exempt position reporting to the Investment Compliance and Reporting Manager. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit program.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to:
Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions at email@example.com.