Who wouldn’t want to cruise the Badger State this summer in an amazing vehicle? The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association* is looking for a spirited and hard-working individual who will literally drive the “Get the Scoop” ice cream tour around the state of Wisconsin. This truck is a converted 1957 International Harvester Metro. The position will be a limited term employment from May to November.
WFAA is seeking organized, driven, and passionate individuals who thrives on great communication, social engagement, and seamless execution of programs and events. The candidate will be a natural problem solver who has excellent organizational skills, can manage deadlines and deliverables, and who can be the primary brand ambassador for the Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association. This individual will also have a background or knowledge of mechanics hopefully in classic vehicles. The truck driver and ice cream commander will spend the first 2-3 weeks training and preparing for the execution of the summer tour.
The role will then transition to lead the tour during the 14-16 week program and will be responsible for moving the truck from one location to the next via driving or working with a towing company, organizing on-site events and volunteer training, and the overall maintenance and mechanical schedules.
- Safely prepare truck for transportation via driving or working with towing company.
- Oversee truck transportation mapping throughout the state of Wisconsin, suggesting best routing for driving or towing company.
- Oversee and execute the loading and organizing of event materials into the truck while following DOT rules and regulations
- Event oversight to support onsite volunteer staff
- Operate tour vehicle safely and responsibly. Adhere to all DOT rules and regulations while touring
- Manage and report tour finances (expense reporting, hotel allowance, etc.)
- Develop and maintain a positive ongoing relationship with event contacts and university personnel in touring markets
- Ensure reporting on promotion’s progress is completed within 48 hours of each event including recaps and photos
- Assist with event details, and engagement of attendees
- Coordinate daily schedules with management team and coordinate with volunteer staff
- Ensure program and employee compliance with all company, and State and Federal guidelines
- Manages vendors for on time and on budget delivery of assets
- Budgeting and sourcing of production elements from 3rd party vendors
- Routing and on-site scheduling and coordination with 3rd parties
- Ability to train on site brand ambassadors and volunteers
- Responsible for recapping events, meetings,and providing clear action items
- Scheduling and routing development for key events
- Weekly expense reconciliation for project
- Weekly event recap & reporting
- Schedule and routing management and planning(research and key events)
- Resourceful – Actively manage vendors, client communication, creative thinking, and problem solving skills, who is happy to roll up their sleeves when necessary
- Positive – motivates and excites the team, vendor staff, and attendees
- Strategic – Excellent communication skills; capable of distilling complex challenges into actionable information
- Ambitious – skates to the puck and sees opportunity where others do not; constantly looking for opportunities for growth
- Proactive – ability to jump in and take the lead, and troubleshoot areas of improvement
- Energetic – brings excitement and passion to the work
- Mechanical experience, including identifying mechanical problems, insuring repairs and maintenance are completed by partnered auto shop, and problem solving generators and sources of power for event stops.
- Experience as a brand ambassador, event/project management experience or comparable
- Experience is preferred, but not mandatory
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
- Able to travel up to 75%
- Have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record at all times while employed
If you have questions please contact Denise Jelinek at firstname.lastname@example.org.