The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA) is seeking an intern to support the Wisconsin Alumni Association’s (WAA) Diversity and Inclusion initiative. This position will assist with a variety of diversity projects which include, but are not limited to, the alumni diversity newsletter, participating on the internal diversity workgroup, connecting with campus partners and current students of color, and more. The internship offers the opportunity to network with influential alumni of color while gaining valuable programming experience.
- Research and develop innovative ways to inform campus and community partners about WAA Alumni Note Cards Opens a New Window.
- Participate on the internal WFAA Diversity Workgroup meeting (schedule permitting)
- Participate on the Multicultural Homecoming Planning Committee
- Support the marketing and communications team as it relates to the diversity newsletter, Badger Vibes Opens a New Window.
- Represent WFAA at campus partner sponsored events/activities
- Assist with communicating with alumni via email, phone, and in-person
- Assist with the WFAA event set-up, support and tear down
- Perform other duties in support of the organizational mission and university advancement
- Excellent writing skills are necessary
- Demonstrated success engaging diverse constituent populations through programs, events, volunteer activities
- Understanding of critical issues, challenges and opportunities relative to diversity in higher education
- Ability to effectively collaborate with co-workers, campus and community partners, and alumni constituents to achieve shared objectives
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint
- Exceptional customer service skills
Office hours are flexible Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.–6 p.m. Seeking student to work an average of 10-20 hours per week during the school year, with additional hours possible during breaks and over the summer. We offer flexible scheduling, working around class schedules and academic or other obligations.
Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions at email@example.com.