If you are driven to make a meaningful impact supporting a world class university, UW – Madison, Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)* is the place for you! WFAA, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is looking for a strategic, highly collaborative, and experienced Director/Sr. Director of Development.
Working in collaboration with the Dean of the University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Nursing, the Director/Sr. Director of Development will have primary responsibility for planning, managing, and implementing a comprehensive program to accomplish the School’s philanthropic goals and priorities. The University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Nursing has a long and distinguished history as a national leader in nursing education and research and innovative practice models leveraging technology to support and improve human health. As a top 20 school and the leading nursing research institution in Wisconsin, the School of Nursing plays a crucial role in the state’s health care system. The school’s research is translational in nature and grounded in practical application – the work being done has immediate impact on Wisconsin’s communities, hospitals, clinics, schools, and homes.
The successful candidate will provide strategic leadership and management of development initiatives directed to the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of top prospects and donors. The successful candidate will be strong in spirit and a forward thinking, dynamic, energetic, and an innovative team player who will be a critical partner with fellow advancement team members committed to advancing the mission of the School of Nursing.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with the Dean and the advancement team to implement and enhance the key philanthropic priorities of the school;
- Qualify, cultivate, solicit and manage an existing portfolio of top prospects and donors in order to secure major gifts in support of the identified initiatives and priorities;
- Identify and qualify new donors and friends of the school to determine their interest in greater annual support, major giving, and estate planning;
- Provide high-level guidance and leadership on development best practices;
- Develop and maintain effective internal and external communications;
- Work with colleagues on major gift strategies and referrals;
- Work collaboratively with the Dean, Associate Director of Development and advancement team to further engage the School of Nursing Board of Visitors and key stakeholders;
- Develop and initiate strategies to enhance donor stewardship;
- WFAA is committed to provide our employees with an environment that is inspiring, creative and respectful. The Director/Sr. Director of Development reports to a Managing Senior Director of Development at the Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits program, which includes a 10% 401k contribution after 1 year of service.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree;
- 5+ years of development experience, with focus on major gifts, or a strong record of related professional experience;
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently, in addition to being a member of an effective development team, who has a strong, results-oriented work ethic;
- Willingness and ability to meet travel requirements (approximately 25%).
If you have questions please contact Denise Jelinek at email@example.com.