The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA) is recruiting for an experienced development professional to serve as the Director of Development for Foundation Relations for the UW-Madison School of Education (SoE). This newly created position is part of a highly collaborative, energetic, and results-oriented SoE development team.
WFAA is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to advancing support for the UW-Madison. SoE, with nearly 47,000 living alumni, is consistently ranked as one of the top schools of education in the nation. SoE is home to 10 academic departments that offer a diverse array of undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral degrees in the arts, health, and education fields.
The Director of Development for Foundation Relations’ core responsibilities will encompass:
- Building relationships with foundations that support education, health, arts programming and research;
- Developing a strategic plan with School leadership to target and diversify the school’s funding portfolio;
- Working with the dean, department chairs, faculty, and staff to identify, develop, and submit proposals;
- Creating and presenting concise, readily understood presentations of complex materials;
- Understanding and accessing resources within WFAA to support the fund development process.
Support a service-oriented atmosphere in accordance with WFAA mission, values and philosophy
- Strategic beliefs
- The UW-Madison has a transforming impact on students, alumni, and society;
- Authentic, lifelong relationships and engagement with alumni, donors and friends are fundamental to sustaining the reputation and continued success of the University;
- Philanthropy has an essential and growing importance on the future progress of UW-Madison;
- The highest level of stewardship and fiduciary responsibility in financial, investment, data and gift administration is vital to maintaining trust with our stakeholders;
- Diverse views, experiences and perspectives strengthen WFAA and the university community.
- Organizational values
- We are serious about delivering results;
- We work together and with our campus partners as a team;
- We are committed to alumni, donors, volunteers and others;
- We are open-minded;
- We create a positive work environment.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree;
- Highly skilled fundraising experience and knowledge of the foundation relations landscape;
- Experience working in a university setting and an understanding of educational research/programs;
- Advanced oral and written communication skills including grant writing skills;
- Advanced ability to think creatively and independently about concepts requiring advanced analytical skills;
- Advanced interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse groups to achieve results;
- Ability to create and deliver concise informational presentations required;
- Must be self-motivated, take initiative, and lead work independently;
- Flexibility in scheduling and ability to travel required.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits program. Current WFAA Directors of Development at the Director of Development or Senior Director of Development level are eligible to transfer laterally, maintaining their current job title and salary.
WFAA, in partnership with the School of Education, is committed to inclusivity and the pursuit of excellence. We seek candidates with an awareness of and commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion across all spectrums. We strive to provide a safe, comfortable, and accepting work environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to consider being a part of our community.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume.
Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Application deadline: December 14, 2018.