As a Desktop Engineer I, you are the face of IT at Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association!
Our customers are important to us. You are passionate about serving customers and providing a great user experience. You are accountable for what you do and are willing to take personal ownership of your work. Your organizational and prioritization skills allow you to adjust to rapidly changing priorities. Self-driven to learn and stay abreast of technological trends, you bring value to the team through your ideas and recommendations. You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills that allow you to relate to both technical and non-technical audiences.
You are the go-to person for computer hardware and software needs, providing a positive user experience for all WFAA employees. You work on a team whose day fills up with a variety of troubleshooting and solving technical challenges to expanding our technology portfolio and services by working on various project initiatives
Customer Service and Support
- Provide Help Desk coverage; responds to and logs incoming inquiries, independently triages tickets to appropriate support groups.
- Troubleshoots to resolution incidents and requests with varying degrees of technical complexity.
- Responsible for coordination and execution of technology moves associated with office reorganizations and/or individual staff moves.
- Provide support for staff across multiple locations on a rotational basis as well as a large number of mobile users.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for after-hours support.
- May be required to work off hours for planned and unplanned events related to infrastructure support.
End User Training and Communication
- Delivers technical training to new hires and/or existing staff on a variety of technologies available at WFAA.
- Creates technical communication in the form of intranet posts, knowledge base articles, and email.
Endpoint Administration and Engineering
- Participates and/or leads small to mid-sized internal technical projects following project management methodologies.
- Install, configure, and deploy computers, peripherals and mobile devices across all WFAA and campus locations.
- Create, test, and deploy computer images using Windows Deployment Server (WDS) or other deployment tools.
- Manage fleet of multi-functional devices across all WFAA locations.
- Performs application installs and upgrades through manual processes and/or use of pre-defined install packages through automation tools.
- Perform administrative functions for asset management, remote assistance, and multi-functional device tools.
- Maintain inventory of all company technology assets.
Support a service-oriented atmosphere in accordance with WFAA mission, values and philosophy
- Strategic beliefs
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison has a transforming impact on students, alumni, and society;
- Authentic, lifelong relationships and engagement with alumni, donors and friends are fundamental to sustaining the reputation and continued success of the University;
- Philanthropy has an essential and growing importance on the future progress of UW-Madison;
- The highest level of stewardship and fiduciary responsibility in financial,investment, data and gift administration is vital to maintaining trust with our stakeholders;
- Diverse views, experiences and perspectives strengthen WFAA and the university community.
- Organizational values
- We are serious about delivering results;
- We work together and with our campus partners as a team;
- We are committed to alumni, donors, volunteers and others;
- We are open-minded;
- We create a positive work environment.
- Associates degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relative experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, or abilities.
- 2 + years’ experience in hands-on computer support for a variety of endpoint devices.
- 2+ years’ experience supporting and troubleshooting:
- Intel-based computers running Windows OS (through Windows 10)
- Apple iPhones & iPads
- Computer peripherals, VoIP physical/soft phones, video conferencing
- Audio/visual technologies
- Printers and/or multi-functional devices
- Microsoft Office suite of products
- Help Desk ticketing systems
- MacIntosh computers running Mac OS, a plus
- Demonstrates a strong technical background supporting Microsoft products and a variety of applications.
- Efficient working in an environment that requires the balance of working on support and project initiatives at the same time.
- Works well with a diverse team and customers.
- Has a passion for learning and taking on opportunities for growth.
- Excellent customer service skills; minimum of 2+ years in customer service environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel in a creative and engaging manner.
- Strong initiative; takes accountability for work assignments and is able to work both independently using individual judgement and minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills; can adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- Works effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies and take on new responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience writing technical material to non-technical audiences
Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions at email@example.com.