Dear alumni, donors, and friends,
This message comes with our best wishes for your health and safety. Our thoughts have been with our community of Badgers around the world as we all navigate changes as a result of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
We, alongside campus leadership, have been monitoring rapidly changing conditions and policies in our state and across the country. Along the way, we’ve been making changes that we believe are in the best interest of those we serve.
Following recommendations from the governor, public health officials, and guidelines announced by UW–Madison chancellor Rebecca Blank, we have decided to suspend or cancel all alumni events through May 31. Wisconsin, as well as some other states, is currently under “safer at home” orders, which ban nonessential travel and mass gatherings. We intend to wholly comply with these orders and follow social distancing measures to decrease the spread of the virus. While we look forward to the day when Badgers can once again gather together, we will continue to follow the advice of public health officials in the coming weeks and months out of consideration for your health and well-being.
Effective March 23, all Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association buildings are closed to the public, and our employees are working from their homes. Those on our staff who would typically travel to meet with alumni and friends will not be traveling out of Dane County for business purposes until at least April 30. These steps are consistent with those being taken on campus, and we believe they will help protect the health and safety of our employees and those with whom they meet across the country.
We value our relationship with all of our alumni and friends and certainly will continue to reach out by phone and email. Please know that we will remain available to discuss university-related opportunities and/or address any questions you may have.
We are also aware that we have alumni and friends traveling with WAA Travel. You can find more information about that here.
Finally, we have pulled together content that illustrates what UW researchers are doing to fight the virus today, offers campus expertise on remote education, and provides guidance on preserving your own wellness during this difficult time. We hope you find this useful as you navigate the weeks and months ahead. We will continue to update this information, as well as offer emerging opportunities to help during this crisis.
Thank you for your concern and assistance, and we hope you will be well.
Current canceled events:
- 4/7: The UW Now: New York City – All Ways Forward
- 4/7: Financial Planning for Young Alumni
- 4/7: Dinner with 10 Strangers
- 4/8: Nelson Institute in Denver Celebration
- 4/10: WAA: Vietnam Founders’ Day Celebration
- 4/14: Badger Café: What on Earth Are They Doing at SAGE?
- 4/16: WAA: Wausau Chapter Founders’ Day Celebration
- 4/16: Membership Appreciation Reception: before the Varsity Band Concert
- 4/18: Second Harvest Volunteer Event
- 4/18: WAA: Motor City Badgers Founders’ Day Celebration
- 4/19: WAA: Central Ohio Founders’ Day Celebration
- WAA: Cincinnati Founders’ Day Celebration
- 4/21: WAA: San Diego Chapter Founders’ Day Celebration
- 4/21: WAA: Iowa Founders’ Day Celebration
- 4/22: WAA: Fox Valley Chapter Founders’ Day Celebration
- 4/23: The UW Now: Twin Cities – All Ways Forward
- 4/23: UW–Madison Day at the State Capitol
- 4/23: WAA: Austin Founders’ Day Celebration
- 4/24: WMAA Awards Banquet
- 4/24: WAA: Portland Founders’ Day Celebration
- 4/25: WAA: Charlotte Founders’ Day Celebration
- 4/25: Brewers Tailgate & Baseball Game
- 4/25: Membership Appreciation Reception: before the Crazylegs Classic
- 4/26: 16th Annual Lucky Bucky Golf Outing
- 4/26: WAA: Los Angeles Founders’ Day Celebration
- 4/28: Badger Café: Nelson Scholars Change the World
- 4/29: WAA: Sheboygan Founders’ Day Celebration
- 4/29: The UW Now: San Francisco – All Ways Forward
- 4/29: WAA: New Jersey Founders’ Day Celebration
- 4/29-5/3: The Kentucky Derby
- 4/30: Enhancing Health and Quality of Life through Better Sleep
- 4/30: WAA: Waukesha Founders’ Day Celebration
- 5/1: WAA: Sacramento Founders’ Day Celebration
- 5/1: American Foreign Policy in an Age of Nationalist Sentiment
- 5/2: Garding Against Cancer Annual Signature Event (Postponed, New Date TBD)
- 5/3: Volunteer at DC Central Kitchen
- 5/13: Anthony Shadid Award for Journalism Ethics Ceremony
- 5/13: Fueling Discovery
- 5/16: People Serving People Volunteer Event
- 5/16: WAA: Hong Kong Founders’ Day Celebration
- 5/16: WAA: London Founders’ Day Celebration
- 5/17: WAA: Shenzhen Founders’ Day Celebration
- 5/18: Bunge Society Dinner
- 5/19: WAA: Shanghai Founders’ Day Celebration
- 5/22: WAA: Beijing Founders’ Day Celebration
- 5/23: WAA: Singapore Founders’ Day Celebration
- 5/28-5/31: Alumni College